You can turn to plenty of information sources on the national scene. But there is only one independent publication devoted solely to business in the Pacific Northwest.
Invest just $1.54 a week for real-world knowledge about the Pacific Northwest economy that you can put into action today!
Your independent source for accurate reporting on business conditions and opportunities in the Pacific Northwest economy.
You can turn to plenty of information sources on the national scene. But there is only one independent publication devoted solely to business in the Pacific Northwest. If you do business in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or Alaska, you need Marple's Northwest Business Letter to keep you informed.
Thousands of readers rely on Marple's, published every other Wednesday since 1949, to keep them abreast of all the important trends in the Pacific Northwest economy.
Subscribe today at the special one-year introductory rate of only $79.95. Save $55.05, a 41% discount from the regular $135 rate.
As a Marple's subscriber, you'll read key features covering publicly traded companies, regional bank performance, personal income, employment and unemployment data, and important statistics by state, county, and metro area … but you'll also be up-to-date on developments in the industries that drive the region's economy.
What you will find inside Marple's:
Marple's Northwest Business Letter keeps you abreast of developing trends and industries throughout the region. From growth in established sectors such as health care to the emerging solar industry, you'll read about it first in Marple's.
- We connect the dots and show you the linkages between the region's businesses and economies.
- Our exclusive quarterly coverage of the Pacific Northwest's banking industry gives you in-depth analysis and a breakdown of the publicly traded banks' earnings reports. We present in an easy-to-read format the key information and highlight other relevant statistics for each quarter.
- We closely monitor the residential and commercial real estate markets to offer you a gauge on the region's economic health. From office vacancy rates to foreclosure filings, you will get a complete picture of the real estate market from Alaska to Montana.
- International trade has always been a key driver of the Pacific Northwest's economy, and we cover it from all angles: the top exports and imports, which countries are buying U.S. goods, as well as activity at the region's seaports and the biggest challenges they face.
- We dig deep for our reporting on the natural resources that continue to make up a significant portion of the region's economy. Agriculture, timber and wood products, commercial fishing, oil, natural gas, and mining are among the topics we follow for you.
- Each January we analyze data from the U.S. Census Bureau and tell you which states we cover are growing fastest.
- PNW Snapshot is a regular feature that shows how cities and counties across the Northwest stack up against each other. Personal income, unemployment rates, home prices, and wages are among the topics we look at and present in quickly read charts and graphs.
- Which company insiders are buying up shares of their firm's stock? Who is selling? Each issue we present the top purchases and sales by insiders at Northwest-based publicly traded companies.
Marple's is must reading for savvy business leaders who value concise, dependable, and in-depth information about what's
happening in the Pacific Northwest region.
What industries are recovering fastest? Which are lagging? Which state or metro area is rebounding faster than most? These are just a few of the questions Marple's will answer for you. Marple's will:
- Give you information available in no other publication, to help you spot what's ahead for the Northwest — critical for effective business planning.
- Give you a summary of trends on business conditions in the region where you produce and sell — the region that counts most in your growth.
- Provide first-hand reports from Northwest businesspeople about what is happening in their own work — about supplies, costs, labor, prices, markets, financing, and the future outlook, both good and bad.
- Use solid business reporting of facts without individual bias, and provide the background that makes these facts significant.
Stay informed about the developments in the Northwest's economy that will affect your business … your profits … your future. Subscribe to Marple's today!
Random Lengths Publications, Inc.: New Publisher — Same Solid Business Reporting
After 33 years at the helm, Michael J. Parks sold Marple's to Random Lengths Publications in 2009. Mike has remained with the newsletter as editor emeritus.
Taking over as Marple's editor was Jim Murez, an award-winning business journalist. Jim has been tapping Mike's extensive knowledge of the Northwest's economy as he follows important trends for you.Click here to view the original announcement [PDF will open in new window].
Jim Murez's fresh perspective and new ideas for covering the Northwest economy… Mike Parks' experience and knowledge of the economy and business in the region… backed by Random Lengths, the leading information service for North America's wood products industry… an unbeatable combination for perspective on business in the Northwest.